How to Automate the JD Edwards Item Master Load
Within the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Inventory Management system, the Item Master can be loaded with various documents and records useful for the business. We’ll show you how to automate this loading process to save your departments time and effort.
Automating the JD Edwards Item Master
The Inventory Management system in JD Edwards is the platform basis of the supply chain, enabling users to manipulate inventory by defining discrete items. Within this system, multiple Item Masters are present that contain various branch plats and records, which are updated on a regular basis as bulk quantities. When it’s time to record new items, or the information needs to be replaced for multiple branch plants, many problems could arise.
If you’ve conducted a manual Item Master load before, here are some popular issues you may have faced:
- Overtravel among many screens to load items
- Lack of integrity between data and source files
- Replication of data in branch plants
- Different interoperability files needing to be used
- Replication programs do not allow multiple branch plants
- Items requiring unique setups depending on the branch plant
All these issues are common and slow down the flexibility of the company to respond to market changes. This is mainly due to the fact that entering information in the JD Edwards Item Master is often done manually, and on separate tabs. Since this process is prone to human error, automating this task is essential to not only saving time within departments, but ensuring all inputs are accurate. Here are the files for consideration when undergoing the process of automating JD Edwards Item Master loads:
- Create Item Master file records F4101
- Create Item Branch Plant file records F4102
- Create Item Ledger file F4111
- Create Item Availability F41021
- Create Item Cost file F4105
- Create Item Cross-Reference file F4104
Further, when automating this process, one must consider the following functionality to administrate the item master data:
- Allow changes to current data.
- Audit reporting during loads.
- Allow control and audit of all records since they can be tracked.
- Allow input of different information by branch plant since the behavior of each item is different.
- Use Microsoft Excel as an input of your data. You may want to use a template to build your Item Master records based on your specific needs.
Automating Item Master Entries is Crucial
There are various benefits to automating JD Edwards Item Master loads. You can prioritize data requirements and the approval process of loads, while focusing on data quality and auditing reports for changes. Further, while automating entries you can reduce duplicates, redundancies and mistakes prone to human error, ensuring your team responds quickly to business challenges.
Looking for more on JD Edwards?
Explore more insights and expertise at smartbridge.com/jdedwards
Originally published at https://smartbridge.com on May 19, 2020.